Yesterday, I finished the twelve book of this year of reading, and 52 books in 52 weeks is officially back on track.
The book marking is ominous occasion is Ernest Cline’s Ready Player One, and let me tell you, it was a geek’s wet dream, making reference to some of the most iconic and beloved pieces of fiction, this book is a true delight.
I like both the book and the movie, but for me the source material is far better that its cinematic counterpart, without spoiling anything major my favorite things that didn’t appear in the movie were :
- The whole Dungeons and Dragons Tomb of Horrors module appearance.
- The Monty Python and the Holy Grail sequence.
- The background of the villainous Nolan Sorrento, in the movie he is depicted as a generic villain, the book’s version is much better.
- The Blade Runner references.
- And finally, the incorporation of Rush’s conceptual album 2112.
In all the book has a great pace, I read in little over 2 days, and all the little pop culture nuggets along its pages make you reminiscence of all the cool things I grew up with.
The next book in my queue is the sequel, Ready Player Two, already on page 119, and as Jerry Maguire says, “You had me with the Lord of the Rings references “
I also start this Sunday morning with 1,691 left to read for the month of August, quite the Gargantuan task, but with my renew pace the possibility broaden.
Off to read.
yo compré los dos libros hace unos tres meses y los tengo pendientes….ahor
a me animaré más a leerlos. 😁