So this year started pretty good, my reading has been more that great, both in my progress and the quality of the material I’m reading.
So far I have read 11 amazing books. And the list goes as followed:
- Diario de una buena vecina by Doris Lessing
- Frankenstein: Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz
- El llano en llamas by Juan Rulfo
- ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
- El viejo y el mar by Ernest Hemingway
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Las ventajas de ser invisible by Stephen Chbosky
- My First Summer in Sierra by John Muir
- Call of the Wild by Jack London
- Soy Leyenda by Richard Matheson
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
So that’s 11 books down, 51 to go for this year.
The other thing I have been working on is a writing workshop focusing on making tales about my home town of Ciudad Juarez . The workshop consist of 15 artists, a friend who gives the Sunday sessions and myself.
I’m more that thrilled to be sharing my love for books and writing.
For this week session we will be discussing the great works of Carlos Fuentes and Alan Moore, and their take on the city as a living and breathing thing.