It is finally here, my favorite time of the year, Spooktober.
A month long indulgence of ghouls and ghosts.
I have plans to rewatch some of my favorite classic movies, and catch up with some horror graphic novels that have been roaming around, waiting for the perfect opportunity.
So let’s talk movies, I have a special place in my heart for the Universal Monsters series, some Hammer Films, who doesn’t what to watch Christopher Lee as Dracula, and George Romero’s classic zombie films.
Here’s goes my movie list.
- Dracula (1931)
- Frankenstein (1931)
- The Mummy (1932)
- The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
- Werewolf of London (1935)
- Dracula (1958)
- The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
- The Brides of Dracula (1960)
- Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)
- Night of the Living Dead (1968)
- Dawn of the Dead (1978)
- Day of the Dead (1985)
- Land of the Dead (2005)
- Diary of the Dead (2007)
- Survival of the Dead (2009)
- Cronos (1993)
- The Devil’s Backbone (2001)
- Halloween (1978)
- Halloween (2007)
Those are the films I am planning to see, who knows maybe I’ll add some more along the way.
On the book front I have only one on my list, as tradition mandates, I’ll start my year of reading with Frankenstein.
On the graphic novel/comic book front my list is a bit larger, with some of Marvel comics classic horror lines topping the list with a bit of some zombie action.
- Vampire Tales Vol.1
- Tomb of Dracula Vol.1
- Werewolf by Night: The Complete Collection Vol. 2
- Aliens Omnibus Vol.1
- Aliens Omnibus Vol.2
- Aliens Omnibus Vol.3
- Aliens Omnibus Vol.4
- Aliens Omnibus Vol.5
- Aliens Omnibus Vol.6
- B.P.R.D : Vampire
- B.P.R.D. : Hell on Earth Book One
- Gotham by Midnight (2014-2015)Vol. 1
- Wormwood Gentleman Corpse: Mr. Wormwood goes to Washington
- Night of the Living Dead : Hunger
I have pretty busy, and exciting month ahead of me.
For now, I am off to read, or sleep, I’ll flip a coin to decide.