I am glad to say that the first mini milestone of this year of reading has been reached.
That is reading 1,000 pages.
This is the first breath I take before the big plunge.
For me, getting over this first mark in the first two weeks of the year is monumental.
It motivates me, and it ignites my internal fire.
Now, let me tell you really quick how I got to this numbers.
First, I read a quick story-arc involving The Flash and Batman, The Button, as a prelude to the event The Doomsday Clock, it gets its hook into you, in my case, an overwhelming curiosity in where are they going with this.
Secondly, I read the first issue of the new Batman series, The White Knight, beautifully executed by the great Sean Murphy, love the murky artwork and storyline.
And lastly, I finished the third volume of Red Sonja by master storyteller Gail Simone, in my personal opinion one of the best interpretations of the She-Devil with a Sword.
I’ll stay off graphic novels to start my Monster Mash reading with a fresh book.
So, my focus for this two days will be the books on the deck and set the stage for Hellboy in Hell to kick off the festivities.
Now let’s talk numbers:
- Total pages for (Y-11) : 1,026 pages.
- Pages to go to achieve first milestone (10,000 pages): 8,974 pages.
- Pages to go to achieve the main goal of the year (53,000 pages): 51,974 pages.
- Pages to go to be the second-best year of reading (32,001 pages): 30,975 pages.
- Pages to go to be the best year of reading (47,705 pages): 46,679 pages.