I am hours away from finish/starting another year of reading.
This was a fantastic year for my crazy little project.
I can enlist the many things this year of reading brought me, so lets now make a quick recap of things:
- Total pages for (Y-10): 32,072 pages, which makes it my second best year of reading, begin only to the inaugural year which had a total of 47,705 pages.
- Total of pages read in the last three years (Y-8, Y-9 & Y-10): 65,806 pages, my goal was to read 130,500 pages over those three years, this total gives me about 50% of that goal, not bad, not great either but there is room for improvement.
- Total of things read this year: 220, which can be broken down as followed: 26 books, 126 single issue comic books, 63 graphic novels, 3 mangas, and 2 Novellas.
- Longest Book: The Lord of Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien with a whopping 1,112 pages.
- Shortest Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss with 159 pages of pure delight.
But the most fulfilling things is watching this blog steadily grow.
I could have never imagined that my words would reach so many countries and different cultures, I am deeply honor and grateful to share this journey with all of you that take the time to read my ramblings.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Now for the plans for (Y-11), to start off the idea of keep on reading fantasy books comes as a natural follow-up of last year theme, and besides, I have a lot of pending books on my to-read pile, and consequently, they are mostly fantasy novels, so let’s keep the theme rolling.
This year total goal is 53,000 pages and as for the last three years, the total combined for (Y-11), (Y-12) & (Y-13), must be at least 130,500 pages.
Why aim low when you can aim high.
The first book on my reading list is Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, the 200th anniversary illustrated edition, last year was the first year that I did not read some version of Mrs. Shelley’s book in over 6 years, it is nice to get back to one of my favorite traditions.
But to kick off the new year’s festivities, I will have the help of one of the best creative teams ever assembled, I am talking about Mark Millar and John Romita Jr., and the now legendary comic book Kick-Ass.
Fortunately, the first three volumes arrived today, after almost a month and a half of waiting for them, but the important part is that the misadventures of David Lizewski are in my bookshelf ready to be devoured.
So, at the stroke of midnight, I’ll start my new journey to another year filled with all the drama that books and real life can give.
Will you please join me on this journey to read my ass off.
Onward then, to the unknown.
Feliz año nuevo!!!
Gracias hermano, esperemos sea un buen año